Before you will start receiving Instant Demos notifications on your computer desktop, immediately when they are made, even when CrankWheel is closed, your user account needs to be enabled for Instant Demos use, and then you need to open the CrankWheel pop-up at least once (you can click here to do so).
If you've done this and are still not receiving notifications, or if you used to receive notifications but you no longer do, then it's possible that your subscription to notifications has somehow expired or gone wrong. You can do as follows to renew it:
- Open the CrankWheel control panel by visiting https://meeting.is/ss and clicking "Start screen sharing"
- Right-click an empty area in the control panel and choose "Inspect" or "Inspect element"
- Click on the "Console" tab in the window that opens up
- In the console, type pnUnsubscribeNotifications() including the opening/closing parenthesis and then hit Enter
- With your user account enabled for Instant Demos, click here to open the CrankWheel control panel. Leave it open for a few seconds before closing it.
You should now receive notifications even when your CrankWheel control panel is not open.
Note that you do need to leave your web browser (e.g. Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge) running, for background notifications to arrive. If all web browser windows are closed (on a Windows computer) or if you close the browser application (on a Mac computer), then no background notifications will arrive.
If you have tried the above and it did not work, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org